The Indian Navy is deploying multiple vessels to the Persian Gulf and
the Gulf of Oman, to provide “security” for Indian-flagged ships
traversing the area. The decision follows multiple attacks on merchant
Designating the move “Operation Sankalp” (resolution), an Indian Navy spokesperson announced on Thursday that two warships would be deployed for “maritime security”
in the troubled waters between Iran, Oman and Saudi Arabia. The vessels
will be backed up by air cover and surveillance assets.
‘Operation Sankalp’ – Deploys INS Chennai & INS Sunayna in the Gulf
of Oman, to re-assure Indian Flagged Vessels operating/ transiting
through Persian Gulf & Gulf of Oman following the maritime security
incidents in the region 1/n (rep images) pic.twitter.com/N1Kn8AXNey
— SpokespersonNavy (@indiannavy) June 20, 2019
These ships, deployed in the Gulf of Oman & Persian Gulf, are to
undertake Maritime Security operations. In addition, aerial survl by IN
aircraft is also being undertaken in the area. The IFC – IOR at Gurugram
is also keeping a close watch on movement of ships in Gulf region2/2
— SpokespersonNavy (@indiannavy) June 20, 2019 The already strained situation in the Persian Gulf intensified
dramatically after two oil tankers were attacked in the Gulf of Oman
last week. While no concrete evidence proving who was responsible has
been released, US authorities have blamed Iran for the incident. The
escalating stand-off eventually led to Iran downing a US surveillance
Proving that they are not messing around and given the still highly
volatile situation, one of the vessels New Delhi has sent out for
security detail is the INS Chennai, a stealth guided-missile destroyer regarded as one of the most powerful warships in India’s fleet.
Central Command said in a statement the that a U.S. Navy Broad Area
Maritime Surveillance ISR aircraft, known as a BAMS-D, was shot down by
an Iranian surface-to-air missile system while operating in
international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz at approximately 7:35
p.m. ET on Wednesday.
reports that the aircraft was over Iran are false,” Capt. Bill Urban, a
U.S. Central Command spokesman, said in a statement. “This was an
unprovoked attack on a U.S. surveillance asset in international
Navy’s RQ-4A Global Hawk drone was over international airspace
and about 17 miles from Iran at the time, a military source told Fox
News. The drone provides real-time intelligence, surveillance, and
reconnaissance missions “over vast ocean and coastal regions,”
according to the military.
also tried to shoot down another drone, but missed, U.S. officials told
Fox News. Officials are now scrambling to find the wreckage in the
water before Iranian forces do.
Navy RQ-4A Global Hawk drone deployed to the Middle East in the past
few days as part of reinforcements approved by President Trump last
high-altitude drone can fly up to 60,000 feet or 11 miles in altitude
and loiter for 30 hours at a time. It’s used to spy on Iranian military
communications and track shipping in the busy waterways. Each drone
costs up to $180 million dollars.
the drone incident, U.S. officials told Fox News that Iranian-backed
forces fired cruise missiles Wednesday night into Saudi Arabia hitting a
power plant. The attacks come against the backdrop of heightened
tensions between the U.S. and Iran following President Donald Trump’s
decision to withdraw from Tehran’s nuclear deal a year ago.
commander for Iran’s Revolutionary Guard claimed the drone was shot
down over Iranian airspace which sends a “clear message” to the U.S.,
and marked the first direct Iranian-claimed attack amid the crisis.
do not have any intention for war with any country, but we are fully
ready for war,” Revolutionary Guard commander Gen. Hossein Salami said
in a televised address.
paramilitary Revolutionary Guard, which answers only to Supreme Leader
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said it shot down the drone on Thursday morning
when it entered Iranian airspace near the Kouhmobarak district in
southern Iran’s Hormozgan province. Kouhmobarak is some 750
miles southeast of Tehran and close to the Strait of Hormuz.
Guard said it shot down the drone at 4:05 a.m. after it collected data
from Iranian territory, including the southern port of Chahbahar near
Iran’s border with Pakistan. Iran used its air defense system known as
Third of Khordad to shoot down the drone — a truck-based missile system
that can fire up to 18 miles into the sky, the semi-official Fars news
Panama-flagged, Japanese owned oil tanker Kokuka Courageous, that the
U.S. Navy says was damaged by a limpet mine, is anchored off Fujairah,
United Arab Emirates, during a trip organized by the Navy for
journalists, Wednesday, June 19, 2019. (AP Photo/Fay Abuelgasim)
Guard described the drone as being launched from the southern Persian
Gulf but did not elaborate. American RQ-4A Global Hawks are stationed at
the Al-Dhafra Air Base in the United Arab Emirates, near the capital,
speaking to a crowd in the western city of Sanandaj, described the
American drone as “violating our national security border.”
“Borders are our red line,” Salami said. “Any enemy that violates the borders will be annihilated.”
The U.S. said Iran fired a missile at another drone last week that responded to the attack on two oil tankers near the Gulf.
Another senior U.S. official told Fox News last week that an MQ9 Reaper drone was fired on by the Iranians shortly after it arrived at the scene where the MV Altair tanker sent out a distress signal.
stand on deck above a hole the U.S. Navy says was made by a limpet mine
on the damaged Panama-flagged, Japanese owned oil tanker Kokuka
Courageous, anchored off Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, during a trip
organized by the Navy for journalists, Wednesday, June 19, 2019. (AP Photo/Fay Abuelgasim)
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has blamed Iran for the “blatant assault” on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.
the tanker incident, Pompeo said his assessment was based on
“intelligence, the weapons used, the level of expertise needed to
execute the operation, recent similar Iranian attacks on shipping, and
the fact that no proxy group operating in the area has the resources and
proficiency to act with such a high degree of sophistication.”
Israel holds large military drill amid US-Iran tensions
Israel wrapped up its largest military drill in years on Wednesday, with thousands of troops from the army, navy and air force simulating a future war with the militant Lebanese Hezbollah group amid fears that Iran would draw its Shiite proxy into the recent growing tensions in the Persian Gulf.
The Israeli military said the four-day exercise had been planned long in advance and focused on the immersion of all branches against threats emanating from Israel’s north.
It included a large deployment of unmanned aircraft and the first use of the F-35 stealth fighter planes to prepare for scenarios of missile attacks and underground infiltrations from Lebanon.
But rising tensions between Iran and the United States clearly served as a backdrop.
Iran recently announced it was breaking its compliance with the nuclear deal with world powers amid the renewal of crippling American sanctions. The Trump administration has ordered 1,000 more troops to the Middle East amid accusations that Iran was behind a series of strikes against oil tankers near the Persian Gulf.
Israeli officials fear Iran may try to mobilize Hezbollah as its most potent toll against Israel in a confrontation. Israel has long identified Iran as its greatest threat, citing its suspect nuclear program, development of long-range missiles and hostile rhetoric.
The Lebanese Shiite militant group battled Israel to a stalemate in a month-long war in 2006 and has since gained valuable battle experience in the Syrian civil war. Over the past 13 years, Israel has carried out dozens of airstrikes against suspected weapons shipments from Iran through Syria to Lebanon and has engaged in several dust ups. But its field training has been primarily aimed toward delivering a far more decisive victory in its next full-scale war with Hezbollah.
Though the military would not mention it by name, Hezbollah was clearly the central focus of the drill.
“I am very impressed by the improvement in readiness, by the fighting spirit of the soldiers and commanders, and mainly by the destructive power,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said as he attended part of the drill. “I say to our enemies: The (military) has very great destructive power. Don’t test us.”
Netanyahu, who has been a vocal critic of Iran over the years, has been uncharacteristically quiet throughout the latest escalation in the Persian Gulf.
Speaking Tuesday, Israeli President Reuven Rivlin was far more specific in identifying the threat.
“We caution Hezbollah not to subordinate Lebanon to Iran’s agenda, and we caution Lebanon not to be used as a launching pad for attacks against Israel,” Rivlin said. “We are not happy to go to war, but the military is fully prepared to respond to any threat and any scenario.”
The drill in northern Israel featured the country’s ever-growing arsenal of unmanned aircraft, already deployed continuously in reconnaissance missions along Israel’s borders.https://prophecyupdate.blogspot.com/2019/06/israel-prepares-for-growing-threat-from.html?m=1
The threat of a tariff worked with Mexico, so why not with these other third world countries?
In another move that is sure to infuriate the wanna-be-new-slave-master democrats, the White House informed Congress that it will be permanently diverting hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign aid to Central American countries.
The White House informed Congress Monday that it will permanently divert $370 million in aid to El Salvador,Hondurasand Guatemala,according toReuters.
That money was previously approved by Congress for fiscal year 2018, but had not yet been used.
Trump is not stopping there. The administration is also suspending $180 million that was approved in fiscal year 2017 that had not yet been spent.
The president’s decision to withhold aid to Central America’s Northern Triangle countries come as the immigration crisis continues to escalate.
U.S. Border Patrolapprehendedmore than 144,000 illegal migrants during May. The monthly total marked the third month in a row during which encounters topped 100,000, and verified apprehensions have grown every month since January. In total, well over half a million illegal migrants have been arrested by Border Patrol this fiscal year, and experts believe that number will hit one million when the year reaches its end.
A vast majority of these migrants are family units or unaccompanied minors from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. The Department of Homeland Security—burdened by regulations intended only for large-scale apprehensions of lone Mexican men —are buckling under theweight of the new migrant demographics.
The Trump administration has made concerted efforts to control the flow of Central American immigrants pouring across Mexico and into the U.S. southern border. Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan embarked on a four-day trip to the Northern Triangle in May and was able to secure an agreementwith the Guatemalan governmentaiming to curb illegal immigrationfrom the country.
The White House doubled down on its international efforts with asweeping dealwith Mexico’s government earlier in June. Per that agreement, Mexico will deploy up to 6,000 National Guard troops to its southern border with Guatemala, and is ramping up security of its northern border with the U.S.
News of Trump diverting aid fromCentral Americaisn’t surprising. The administration announced its initial intentions in March.
“At the Secretary’s instruction, we are carrying out the President’s direction and ending FY 2017 and FY 2018 foreign assistance programs for the Northern Triangle,” a State Department saidin March. “We will be engaging Congress as part of this process.”
“Mexico is doing NOTHING to help stop the flow of illegal immigrants to our Country. They are all talk and no action. Likewise, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador have taken our money for years, and do Nothing. The Dems don’t care, such BAD laws. May close the Southern Border!” President Donald Trumptweeted in late March.
TRENTON, N.J. (CNN) — Climate change may lead to unlikely illnesses in unexpected places, new research suggests. In the past two years, five cases of Vibrio vulnificus, a flesh-eating bacterial infection spread by handling or eating contaminated seafood, have been tied to Delaware Bay, where water temperatures have been on the rise in recent years, according to a study.
These five patients were treated at one New Jersey hospital and serve
as a warning that flesh-eroding bacterial infections are now occurring
outside the traditional geographic boundaries, the authors said.
“It is important for physicians — who may have never seen this
infection before in their medical practice — to have some awareness,”
co-author Dr. Katherine Doktor, an infectious disease specialist at
Cooper University Health Care, wrote in an email.
Before 2017, Cooper University Hospital in Camden, New Jersey, had
seen only one case of severe Vibrio infection in eight years, explained
Doktor, also an assistant professor at Cooper Medical School at Rowan
University. Then, in just two years, the hospital saw and treated five
patients, one of whom died.
Favorable conditions for bacteria
“Significant increases in sea surface temperatures” have occurred over
the past three decades in many regions of the United States, noted the
study, published Monday in the journal Annals of Internal
Medicine. Warmer temperatures led to changes in the “quantity,
distribution, and seasonal windows of bacteria” in the coastal ecosystem
while providing “more favorable conditions for Vibrio,” Doktor said.
Though Vibrio is endemic off the coast of Virginia and Maryland in
Chesapeake Bay, as well as waters across the southern United States,
these illnesses rarely occur from cooler Delaware Bay, whose waters
splash southern New Jersey.
“While the infection is still rare, it is being seen with more frequency in this region,” Doktor said.
The five patients, who received treatment at New Jersey’s Cooper University Hospital, illustrate this changing reality:
A 38-year-old man arrived at the hospital vomiting, feverish and with
a skin rash on his tender left calf. His blood cultures confirmed
Vibrio, already evident by his dying skin. Though he had not been near
Delaware Bay, he worked at a New Jersey restaurant that possibly served
seafood from the bay. Successful treatment, which included skin grafts,
led to his discharge from the hospital.
The second patient, a 64-year-old man, sought medical care two days
after cleaning and eating Delaware Bay crabs. His right hand had begun
to swell. After verifying Vibrio, his doctors removed portions of deep
connective tissue. During a third attempt to remove all the dead and
dying skin, the rhythm of the patient’s heart became erratic and he
A third man, 46 years old, appeared at Cooper University Hospital
complaining of a swollen left leg two days after he injured himself
while crabbing in Delaware Bay. Skin and blood cultures verified a
Vibrio infection. Oozing blisters on his calf led doctors to remove
connective tissue and then perform grafts.
Arriving at the hospital with a severely swollen right leg, a
60-year-old man went into shock followed by respiratory failure. He had
been crabbing in Delaware Bay and had made a meal of a dozen crabs.
Excessive clotting blocked his small blood vessels, and his four limbs
became “mummified” and so required amputation, wrote the study authors.
Delayed arrival at the hospital caused the severity of his Vibrio
The final patient, a 64-year-old man, had slashed his right leg on a
Delaware Bay crab trap before appearing at Cooper University Hospital.
Bleeding lesions on his right arm led to shock. The hospital confirmed
Vibrio and removed the dying tissue in his arm.