Israel holds large military drill amid US-Iran tensions
Israel wrapped up its largest military drill in years on Wednesday, with thousands of troops from the army, navy and air force simulating a future war with the militant Lebanese Hezbollah group amid fears that Iran would draw its Shiite proxy into the recent growing tensions in the Persian Gulf.
The Israeli military said the four-day exercise had been planned long in advance and focused on the immersion of all branches against threats emanating from Israel’s north.
It included a large deployment of unmanned aircraft and the first use of the F-35 stealth fighter planes to prepare for scenarios of missile attacks and underground infiltrations from Lebanon.
But rising tensions between Iran and the United States clearly served as a backdrop.
Iran recently announced it was breaking its compliance with the nuclear deal with world powers amid the renewal of crippling American sanctions. The Trump administration has ordered 1,000 more troops to the Middle East amid accusations that Iran was behind a series of strikes against oil tankers near the Persian Gulf.
Israeli officials fear Iran may try to mobilize Hezbollah as its most potent toll against Israel in a confrontation. Israel has long identified Iran as its greatest threat, citing its suspect nuclear program, development of long-range missiles and hostile rhetoric.
The Lebanese Shiite militant group battled Israel to a stalemate in a month-long war in 2006 and has since gained valuable battle experience in the Syrian civil war. Over the past 13 years, Israel has carried out dozens of airstrikes against suspected weapons shipments from Iran through Syria to Lebanon and has engaged in several dust ups. But its field training has been primarily aimed toward delivering a far more decisive victory in its next full-scale war with Hezbollah.
Though the military would not mention it by name, Hezbollah was clearly the central focus of the drill.
“I am very impressed by the improvement in readiness, by the fighting spirit of the soldiers and commanders, and mainly by the destructive power,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said as he attended part of the drill. “I say to our enemies: The (military) has very great destructive power. Don’t test us.”
Netanyahu, who has been a vocal critic of Iran over the years, has been uncharacteristically quiet throughout the latest escalation in the Persian Gulf.
Speaking Tuesday, Israeli President Reuven Rivlin was far more specific in identifying the threat.
“We caution Hezbollah not to subordinate Lebanon to Iran’s agenda, and we caution Lebanon not to be used as a launching pad for attacks against Israel,” Rivlin said. “We are not happy to go to war, but the military is fully prepared to respond to any threat and any scenario.”
The drill in northern Israel featured the country’s ever-growing arsenal of unmanned aircraft, already deployed continuously in reconnaissance missions along Israel’s borders.https://prophecyupdate.blogspot.com/2019/06/israel-prepares-for-growing-threat-from.html?m=1
The threat of a tariff worked with Mexico, so why not with these other third world countries?
In another move that is sure to infuriate the wanna-be-new-slave-master democrats, the White House informed Congress that it will be permanently diverting hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign aid to Central American countries.
The Daily Caller reported:
That money was previously approved by Congress for fiscal year 2018, but had not yet been used.
Trump is not stopping there. The administration is also suspending $180 million that was approved in fiscal year 2017 that had not yet been spent.
The president’s decision to withhold aid to Central America’s Northern Triangle countries come as the immigration crisis continues to escalate.
U.S. Border Patrol apprehended more than 144,000 illegal migrants during May. The monthly total marked the third month in a row during which encounters topped 100,000, and verified apprehensions have grown every month since January. In total, well over half a million illegal migrants have been arrested by Border Patrol this fiscal year, and experts believe that number will hit one million when the year reaches its end.
A vast majority of these migrants are family units or unaccompanied minors from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. The Department of Homeland Security — burdened by regulations intended only for large-scale apprehensions of lone Mexican men —are buckling under the weight of the new migrant demographics.
The Trump administration has made concerted efforts to control the flow of Central American immigrants pouring across Mexico and into the U.S. southern border. Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan embarked on a four-day trip to the Northern Triangle in May and was able to secure an agreementwith the Guatemalan government aiming to curb illegal immigration from the country.
The White House doubled down on its international efforts with a sweeping dealwith Mexico’s government earlier in June. Per that agreement, Mexico will deploy up to 6,000 National Guard troops to its southern border with Guatemala, and is ramping up security of its northern border with the U.S.
News of Trump diverting aid from Central America isn’t surprising. The administration announced its initial intentions in March.
“At the Secretary’s instruction, we are carrying out the President’s direction and ending FY 2017 and FY 2018 foreign assistance programs for the Northern Triangle,” a State Department said in March. “We will be engaging Congress as part of this process.”
The president has long been critical of Central American governments accepting U.S. aid as they allow their citizens to illegally migrate.
“Mexico is doing NOTHING to help stop the flow of illegal immigrants to our Country. They are all talk and no action. Likewise, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador have taken our money for years, and do Nothing. The Dems don’t care, such BAD laws. May close the Southern Border!” President Donald Trump tweeted in late March.
TRENTON, N.J. (CNN) — Climate change may lead to unlikely illnesses in unexpected places, new research suggests. In the past two years, five cases of Vibrio vulnificus, a flesh-eating bacterial infection spread by handling or eating contaminated seafood, have been tied to Delaware Bay, where water temperatures have been on the rise in recent years, according to a study.
These five patients were treated at one New Jersey hospital and serve as a warning that flesh-eroding bacterial infections are now occurring outside the traditional geographic boundaries, the authors said.
“It is important for physicians — who may have never seen this infection before in their medical practice — to have some awareness,” co-author Dr. Katherine Doktor, an infectious disease specialist at Cooper University Health Care, wrote in an email.
Before 2017, Cooper University Hospital in Camden, New Jersey, had seen only one case of severe Vibrio infection in eight years, explained Doktor, also an assistant professor at Cooper Medical School at Rowan University. Then, in just two years, the hospital saw and treated five patients, one of whom died.
Favorable conditions for bacteria
“Significant increases in sea surface temperatures” have occurred over the past three decades in many regions of the United States, noted the study, published Monday in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine. Warmer temperatures led to changes in the “quantity, distribution, and seasonal windows of bacteria” in the coastal ecosystem while providing “more favorable conditions for Vibrio,” Doktor said.
Though Vibrio is endemic off the coast of Virginia and Maryland in Chesapeake Bay, as well as waters across the southern United States, these illnesses rarely occur from cooler Delaware Bay, whose waters splash southern New Jersey.
“While the infection is still rare, it is being seen with more frequency in this region,” Doktor said.
The five patients, who received treatment at New Jersey’s Cooper University Hospital, illustrate this changing reality:
A 38-year-old man arrived at the hospital vomiting, feverish and with a skin rash on his tender left calf. His blood cultures confirmed Vibrio, already evident by his dying skin. Though he had not been near Delaware Bay, he worked at a New Jersey restaurant that possibly served seafood from the bay. Successful treatment, which included skin grafts, led to his discharge from the hospital.
The second patient, a 64-year-old man, sought medical care two days after cleaning and eating Delaware Bay crabs. His right hand had begun to swell. After verifying Vibrio, his doctors removed portions of deep connective tissue. During a third attempt to remove all the dead and dying skin, the rhythm of the patient’s heart became erratic and he died.
A third man, 46 years old, appeared at Cooper University Hospital complaining of a swollen left leg two days after he injured himself while crabbing in Delaware Bay. Skin and blood cultures verified a Vibrio infection. Oozing blisters on his calf led doctors to remove connective tissue and then perform grafts.
Arriving at the hospital with a severely swollen right leg, a 60-year-old man went into shock followed by respiratory failure. He had been crabbing in Delaware Bay and had made a meal of a dozen crabs. Excessive clotting blocked his small blood vessels, and his four limbs became “mummified” and so required amputation, wrote the study authors. Delayed arrival at the hospital caused the severity of his Vibrio infection.
The final patient, a 64-year-old man, had slashed his right leg on a Delaware Bay crab trap before appearing at Cooper University Hospital. Bleeding lesions on his right arm led to shock. The hospital confirmed Vibrio and removed the dying tissue in his arm.
“In all the cases we’ve seen, the patients have had known risk factors (liver disease, diabetes, or other immune compromise) when a break in the skin was exposed to water and/or [when the patient] consumed uncooked shellfish harvested from the Delaware Bay,” Doktor wrote…https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/06/18/flesh-eating-bacteria-in-new-jersey-reveals-one-possible-effect-of-climate-change-study-says/
Posted By: Jason Plautz June 17, 2019 Share This Story!
The world will be watching carefully as driverless and autonomous vehicles flood Florida roads for the first time in an entire state. Other states are right behind Florida, including Arizona and California. ⁃ TN Editor
Florida will allow autonomous vehicles (AVs) to operate on public roads without a human driver starting next month, under a new law signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis, R.
The bill, designed to facilitate more AV testing in the state, sets out a statutory framework for insurance and safety rules for the vehicles. It also exempts AV passengers from distracted driving rules that bar texting and phone use.
The bill was signed at the SunTrax facility, the southeast’s only high-speed AV testing facility, marking the completion of the center’s newest AV test track.https://www.technocracy.news/florida-first-to-waive-driver-requirement-for-self-driving-autos/
A sex doll business
owner offers a special bereavement service for those suffering from
loneliness, whereby she’ll create a replica of their dead partner.
Mum-of-four Jade Stanley, 35, launched Sex Doll Official in 2018, a
company which sells customisable dolls designed for different purposes.
Speaking on This Morning with hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip
Schofield, Jade, who was joined by sex doll Amelia, opened up about one
service they offer where they create a replica of deceased partners.
Asked if she had people ask for a doll of their dead partner, Jade said:
‘Yes I’ve actually had it. Loneliness is a massive issue in the UK and I
think one of the most surprising aspects of this industry for me, is
really it’s not all seedy and sexual. It really isn’t.
Sex doll business owner Jade Stanley
Jade was joined by sex doll Amelia (Picture: ITV)
‘I’ve had lots of customers who genuinely come to me and they want a
doll for comfort purposes only. I think that’s fantastic. I think in
that case I’m fulfilling my job by providing comfort to somebody in
their time of need.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) could oversee one of the nation’s most aggressive climate plans under legislation agreed to yesterday. Gabriele Holtermann-Gorden/Pacific Press/Newscom
Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said yesterday he has reached an agreement with legislative leaders over a bill to slash New York’s greenhouse gas emissions, setting the stage for one of the most significant state climate victories since President Trump took office.
The announcement, coming just days before the close of the legislative session, represented a big victory for climate activists, who have spent three years pushing for major legislation to curb greenhouse gases in the Empire State.
Lawmakers were still working on final amendments yesterday, but the outlines of the deal were becoming clear. The legislation calls for reducing emissions by 40% from 1990 levels by 2030 and 85% by 2050. The remaining 15% of emissions would be offset, making the state carbon neutral. The bill would also require that all electricity generation come from carbon-free sources by 2040. A Climate Action Council would be established to ensure the state meets its targets.
“I believe we have an agreement, and I believe it is going to pass,” Cuomo said in a radio interview on WAMC.