Zechariah 5 (New International Version)
The Flying Scroll
1 I looked again–and there before me was a flying scroll!1 2 He asked me, “What do you see?”2 I answered, “I see a flying scroll, thirty feet long and fifteen feet wide. ” 3 And he said to me, “This is the curse3 that is going out over the whole land; for according to what it says on one side, every thief4 will be banished, and according to what it says on the other, everyone who swears falsely5 will be banished. 4 The LORD Almighty declares, ‘I will send it out, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of him who swears falsely6 by my name. It will remain in his house and destroy it, both its timbers and its stones.7’ “
The Woman in a Basket
5 Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward and said to me, “Look up and see what this is that is appearing.” 6 I asked, “What is it?” He replied, “It is a measuring basket.8” And he added, “This is the iniquity of the people throughout the land.” 7 Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! 8 He said, “This is wickedness,” and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed the lead cover down over its mouth.9 9 Then I looked up–and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork,10 and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth. 10 “Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me. 11 He replied, “To the country of Babylonia11 to build a house12 for it. When it is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.”13
1. Zechariah 5:1 – Ps 40:7 – Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Jer 36:4 – Then Jeremiah called Baruch the son of Neriah: and Baruch wrote from the mouth of Jeremiah all the words of the LORD, which he had spoken unto him, upon a roll of a book.
Eze 2:9 – And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein; (See also: Ezek. 8:3; Jer. 1:9; Ezek. 3:1)
Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary – http://biblehub.com/zechariah/5-1.htm
Zech. 5:1-4 The Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are rolls, in which God has written the great things of his law and gospel; they are flying rolls. God’s word runs very swiftly, Ps 147:15. This flying roll contains a declaration of the righteous wrath of God against sinners. Oh that we saw with an eye of faith the flying roll of God’s curse hanging over the guilty world as a thick cloud, not only keeping off the sunbeams of God’s favour, but big with thunders, lightnings, and storms, ready to destroy them! How welcome then would the tidings of a Saviour be, who came to redeem us from the curse of the law, being himself made a curse for us! Sin is the ruin of houses and families; especially the doing hurt to others and false witness. Who knows the power of God’s anger? God’s curse cannot be kept out by bars or locks. While one part of the curse of God ruins the substance of the sinner, another part will rest on the soul, and sink it to everlasting punishment. All are transgressors of the law, so we cannot escape this wrath of God, except we flee for refuge to lay hold on the hope set before us in the gospel.
Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary – specifically uses the term “extirpated” – verb
past tense: extirpated; past participle: extirpated
1. root out and destroy completely.
“the use of every legal measure to extirpate this horrible evil from the land”
synonyms: weed out, destroy, eradicate, stamp out, root out, wipe out, eliminate, suppress, crush, put down, put an end to, get rid of
Zec 5:1-4. Sixth Vision. The Flying Roll. The fraudulent and perjuring transgressors of the law shall be extirpated from Judea.
1. flying roll—of papyrus, or dressed skins, used for writing on when paper was not known. It was inscribed with the words of the curse (De 27:15-26; 28:15-68). Being written implied that its contents were beyond all escape or repeal (Eze 2:9). Its “flying” shows that its curses were ready swiftly to visit the transgressors. It was unrolled, or else its dimensions could not have been seen (Zec 5:2). Being open to all, none could say in excuse he knew not the law and the curses of disobedience. As the previous visions intimated God’s favor in restoring the Jewish state, so this vision announces judgment, intimating that God, notwithstanding His favor, did not approve of their sins. Being written on both sides, “on this and on that side” (Zec 5:3) [Vatablus] connects it with the two tables of the law (Ex 32:15), and implies its comprehensiveness. One side denounced “him that sweareth falsely (Zec 5:4) by God’s name,” according to the third commandment of the first table, duty to God; the other side denounced theft, according to the eighth commandment, which is in the second table, duty to one’s neighbor.
Rev 5:1 – And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2. Zechariah 5:2 – Jer 1:13 – And the word of the LORD came unto me the second time, saying, What seest thou? And I said, I see a seething pot; and the face thereof is toward the north.
3. Zechariah 5:3 – Isa 24:6 – Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
Isa 34:2 – For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
Isa 43:28 – Therefore I have profaned the princes of the sanctuary, and have given Jacob to the curse, and Israel to reproaches.
Mal 3:9 – Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Mal 4:6 – And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. (This is absolutely interesting. Could this be WHY the two witnesses, especially Elijah, MUST return to Earth to “put off” God’s Wrath until the last 3 1/2 years. So their preaching and turning the hearts of the children back to the fathers is their main purpose for being here!!!)
4. Zechariah 5:3 – Ex 20:15 – Thou shalt not steal. (WOW, WOW, WOW. This IS the reason for Zech 5 and why this punishment is sooooo severe.)
Mal 3:8 – Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
5. Zechariah 5:3 – Ex 20:7 – Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. (By robbing God, humans take the Lords name in vain.)
Isa 48:1 – Hear ye this, O house of Jacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the name of the LORD, and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness.
6. Zechariah 5:4 – Zec 8:17 – And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.
7. Zechariah 5:4 – Lev 14:34-45 – 34 “When you enter the land of Canaan,1 which I am giving you as your possession,2 and I put a spreading mildew in a house in that land, 35 the owner of the house must go and tell the priest, ‘I have seen something that looks like mildew in my house.’ 36 The priest is to order the house to be emptied before he goes in to examine the mildew, so that nothing in the house will be pronounced unclean. After this the priest is to go in and inspect the house. 37 He is to examine the mildew on the walls, and if it has greenish or reddish3 depressions that appear to be deeper than the surface of the wall, 38 the priest shall go out the doorway of the house and close it up for seven days.4 39 On the seventh day5 the priest shall return to inspect the house. If the mildew has spread on the walls, 40 he is to order that the contaminated stones be torn out and thrown into an unclean place outside the town.6 41 He must have all the inside walls of the house scraped and the material that is scraped off dumped into an unclean place outside the town. 42 Then they are to take other stones to replace these and take new clay and plaster the house. 43 “If the mildew reappears in the house after the stones have been torn out and the house scraped and plastered, 44 the priest is to go and examine it and, if the mildew has spread in the house, it is a destructive mildew; the house is unclean.7 45 It must be torn down–its stones, timbers and all the plaster–and taken out of the town to an unclean place.
1. Leviticus 14:34 – Ge 12:5; Ex 6:4; Nu 13:2
2. Leviticus 14:34 – Ge 17:8; 48:4; 7:12; 32:22; Dt 3:27; 7:1; 32:49
3. Leviticus 14:37 – S Lev 13:19
4. Leviticus 14:38 – S Lev 13:4
5. Leviticus 14:39 – Lev 13:5
6. Leviticus 14:40 – ver 45
7. Leviticus 14:44 – Lev 13:51
Pr 3:33 – The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
Hab 2:9-11 – Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil! 10 Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and hast sinned against thy soul. 11 For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber shall answer it.
See also: Isa. 33:1; verse 17; Jer.22:13; Jer. 49:16 & Oba 4
Mal 3:5 – And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
8. Zechariah 5:6 – Mic 6:10 – Are there yet the treasures of wickedness in the house of the wicked, and the scant measure that is abominable?
9. Zechariah 5:8 – Mic 6:11 – Shall I count them pure with the wicked balances, and with the bag of deceitful weights?
10. Zechariah 5:9 – Lev 11:19 – And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
11. Zechariah 5:11 – Ge 10:10 – And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
12. Zechariah 5:11 – Jer 29:5,28 – Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them; 28 For therefore he sent unto us in Babylon, saying, This captivity is long: build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
13. Zechariah 5:11 – Da 1:2 – And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.
Zechariah 5 – This is the docx file you can download – it’s better organized.
Isa. 21vs2 – This is the docx file you can download – it’s better organized.
James Jefferies said on PBS on 6-12-14, that Iran is going to come into Iraq very soon.
He was guest speaker with Iraqi ambassador.
James dropped the bomb about Iran and literally confirmed Isa. 21 Elam (Iran) invasion of Media (Iraq).
Isa. 21:2 says, “The treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth. Go up, O Elam: besiege, O Media; all the sighing thereof have I made to cease.”
Isa. 13:17 – “Behold I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.”
s) Isa.21:2 – “The treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth. Go up, O Elam: besiege, O Media; all the sighing thereof have I made to cease.”
-Jer.51:11, 28 – “Make bright (pure) the arrows; gather the shields: the Lord hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the Lord, the vengeance of His temple.”
u) Jer. 46:4 – “Harness the horses; and get up, ye horsemen, and stand forth with your helmets; furbish the spears, and put on the brigandines.”
x) Isa. 13:17 – “Behold I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.”
verse 28 – “Prepare against her the nations with the kings of the Medes, the captains thereof, and all the rulers thereof, and all the land of his dominion.”
-verse 11- “Make bright (pure) the arrows; gather the shields: the Lord hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the Lord, the vengeance of His temple.”
y) Jer. 50:45 – “Therefore hear ye the counsel of the Lord, thath he hath taken against Babylon; and his purposes, that he hath purposed against the land of the Chaldeans: surely the least of the flock shall draw them out: surely he shall make their habitation desolate with them.”
e) Isa. 14:24 – “The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
e) Jer. 51:11 – “Make bright (pure) the arrows; gather the shields: the Lord hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the Lord, the vengeance of His temple.”
z) Jer. 50:28 – “The voice of them that flee and escape out of the land of Babylon, to declare in Zion the vengeance of the Lord our God, the vengeance of His temple.”
b) Jer. 51:10, 11- “The Lord hath brought forth our righteousness: come, and let us declare in Zion the work of the Lord our God.” “Make bright (pure) the arrows; gather the shields: the Lord hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the Lord, the vengeance of His temple.”
s) Ps. 37:6 – “And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noon-day.”
c) Isa. 58:14 – “Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.”
r) Job 22:26 – For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.
s) Deut. 32:13 – He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;
s) Deut. 33:29 – Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.
t) Isa. 1:20 – But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
t) Isa. 40:5 – And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
t) Mic. 4:4 – But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.
t) Jer. 50:28 – “The voice of them that flee and escape out of the land of Babylon, to declare in Zion the vengeance of the Lord our God, the vengeance of His temple.”
-Dan. 5:28, 31 – “PERES; Thy kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.
f) Foretold = Isa. 21:2
f) Dan. 9:1 – In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;
g) Dan. 6:28 – So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian.
vs 31 – And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old.
Jer. 49:34 – references Jer. 25:25 – And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,
Isaiah 21 (New International Version)
A Prophecy Against Babylon
1 An oracle1 concerning the Desert2 by the Sea: Like whirlwinds3 sweeping through the southland,4 an invader comes from the desert, from a land of terror. 2 A dire5 vision has been shown to me: The traitor betrays,6 the looter takes loot. Elam,7 attack! Media,8 lay siege! I will bring to an end all the groaning she caused. 3 At this my body is racked with pain,9 pangs seize me, like those of a woman in labor;10 I am staggered by what I hear, I am bewildered11 by what I see. 4 My heart12 falters, fear makes me tremble;13 the twilight I longed for has become a horror14 to me. 5 They set the tables, they spread the rugs, they eat, they drink!15 Get up, you officers, oil the shields!16 6 This is what the Lord says to me: “Go, post a lookout17 and have him report what he sees. 7 When he sees chariots18 with teams of horses, riders on donkeys or riders on camels,19 let him be alert, fully alert.” 8 And the lookout20 shouted, “Day after day, my lord, I stand on the watchtower; every night I stay at my post. 9 Look, here comes a man in a chariot21 with a team of horses. And he gives back the answer: ‘Babylon22 has fallen,23 has fallen! All the images of its gods24 lie shattered25 on the ground!’ ” 10 O my people, crushed on the threshing floor,26 I tell you what I have heard from the LORD Almighty, from the God of Israel.
A Prophecy Against Edom
11 An oracle concerning Dumah:27 Someone calls to me from Seir,28 “Watchman, what is left of the night? Watchman, what is left of the night?” 12 The watchman replies, “Morning is coming, but also the night. If you would ask, then ask; and come back yet again.”
A Prophecy Against Arabia
13 An oracle29 concerning Arabia:30 You caravans of Dedanites,31 who camp in the thickets of Arabia, 14 bring water for the thirsty; you who live in Tema,32 bring food for the fugitives. 15 They flee33 from the sword,34 from the drawn sword, from the bent bow and from the heat of battle. 16 This is what the Lord says to me: “Within one year, as a servant bound by contract35 would count it, all the pomp36 of Kedar37 will come to an end. 17 The survivors of the bowmen, the warriors of Kedar, will be few.38” The LORD, the God of Israel, has spoken.39
1. Isaiah 21:1 – S Isa 13:1 – The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.
2. Isaiah 21:1 – Isa 13:21 – But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.
Jer 50:12 – Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the hindermost of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert.
51:43 – Her cities are a desolation, a dry land, and a wilderness, a land wherein no man dwelleth, neither doth any son of man pass thereby.
3. Isaiah 21:1 – Job 1:19 – And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
4. Isaiah 21:1 – Da 11:40 – And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
Zec 9:14 – And the LORD shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord GOD shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.
5. Isaiah 21:2 – Ps 60:3 – Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment.
6. Isaiah 21:2 – Isa 24:16 – From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.
33:1 – Woe to thee that spoilest, and thou wast not spoiled; and dealest treacherously, and they dealt not treacherously with thee! when thou shalt cease to spoil, thou shalt be spoiled; and when thou shalt make an end to deal treacherously, they shall deal treacherously with thee.
7. Isaiah 21:2 – Ge 10:22 – The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
Isa 22:6 – And Elam bare the quiver with chariots of men and horsemen, and Kir uncovered the shield.
Jer 49:34 – The word of the LORD that came to Jeremiah the prophet against Elam in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, saying,
8. Isaiah 21:2 – Isa 13:3 – I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.
Jer 25:25 – And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,
51:28 – Prepare against her the nations with the kings of the Medes, the captains thereof, and all the rulers thereof, and all the land of his dominion.
9. Isaiah 21:3 – Job 14:22 – But his flesh upon him shall have pain, and his soul within him shall mourn.
10. Isaiah 21:3 – Ge 3:16 – Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Ps 48:6 – Fear took hold upon them there, and pain, as of a woman in travail.
Isa 26:17 – Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O LORD.
37:3 – And they said unto him, Thus saith Hezekiah, This day is a day of trouble, and of rebuke, and of blasphemy: for the children are come to the birth, and there is not strength to bring forth.
Jer 30:6 – Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
48:41 – Kerioth is taken, and the strong holds are surprised, and the mighty men’s hearts in Moab at that day shall be as the heart of a woman in her pangs.
49:22 – Behold, he shall come up and fly as the eagle, and spread his wings over Bozrah: and at that day shall the heart of the mighty men of Edom be as the heart of a woman in her pangs.
Jn 16:21 – A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
11. Isaiah 21:3 – Da 7:28 – Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.
8:27 – And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king’s business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it.
10:16 – And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
12. Isaiah 21:4 – Isa 7:4 – And say unto him, Take heed, and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted for the two tails of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and of the son of Remaliah.
35:4 – Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.
13. Isaiah 21:4 – Isa 13:8 – And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.
Da 5:9 – Then was king Belshazzar greatly troubled, and his countenance was changed in him, and his lords were astonied.
14. Isaiah 21:4 – Ps 55:5 – Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me.
15. Isaiah 21:5 – Isa 5:12 – And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD, neither consider the operation of his hands.
22:2,13 – vs 2 – Thou that art full of stirs, a tumultuous city, a joyous city: thy slain men are not slain with the sword, nor dead in battle. vs 13 – And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.
23:7 – Is this your joyous city, whose antiquity is of ancient days? her own feet shall carry her afar off to sojourn.
24:8 – The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.
32:13 – Upon the land of my people shall come up thorns and briers; yea, upon all the houses of joy in the joyous city:
Jer 25:16,27 – vs 16 – And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them. vs 27 – Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.
51:39,57 – vs39 – In their heat I will make their feasts, and I will make them drunken, that they may rejoice, and sleep a perpetual sleep, and not wake, saith the LORD. vs57 – And I will make drunk her princes, and her wise men, her captains, and her rulers, and her mighty men: and they shall sleep a perpetual sleep, and not wake, saith the King, whose name is the LORD of hosts.
Da 5:2 – Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein.
16. Isaiah 21:5 – 2Sa 1:21 – Ye mountains of Gilboa, let there be no dew, neither let there be rain, upon you, nor fields of offerings: for there the shield of the mighty is vilely cast away, the shield of Saul, as though he had not been anointed with oil.
1Ki 10:16-17 – vs16 – And king Solomon made two hundred targets of beaten gold: six hundred shekels of gold went to one target. vs17 – And he made three hundred shields of beaten gold; three pound of gold went to one shield: and the king put them in the house of the forest of Lebanon.
Jer 46:3 – Order ye the buckler and shield, and draw near to battle.
51:11 – Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.
17. Isaiah 21:6 – 2Ki 9:17 – And there stood a watchman on the tower in Jezreel, and he spied the company of Jehu as he came, and said, I see a company. And Joram said, Take an horseman, and send to meet them, and let him say, Is it peace?
18. Isaiah 21:7 – ver 9 – And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.
19. Isaiah 21:7 – Jdg 6:5 – For they came up with their cattle and their tents, and they came as grasshoppers for multitude; for both they and their camels were without number: and they entered into the land to destroy it.
20. Isaiah 21:8 – Mic 7:7 –
Hab 2:1 – I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved
21. Isaiah 21:9 – ver 7 – And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels; and he hearkened diligently with much heed:
22. Isaiah 21:9 – Isa 13:1 – The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.
47:1,5 – vs 1 – Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate. vs5 – Sit thou silent, and get thee into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called, The lady of kingdoms.
Rev 14:8 – And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
23. Isaiah 21:9 – Isa 47:11 – Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.
Jer 51:8 – Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed.
Da 5:30 – In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.
Rev 18:2 – And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
24. Isaiah 21:9 – Lev 26:30 – And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
Isa 46:1 – Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth, their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages were heavy loaden; they are a burden to the weary beast.
Jer 50:2 – Declare ye among the nations, and publish, and set up a standard; publish, and conceal not: say, Babylon is taken, Bel is confounded, Merodach is broken in pieces; her idols are confounded, her images are broken in pieces.
51:44 – And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed up: and the nations shall not flow together any more unto him: yea, the wall of Babylon shall fall.
25. Isaiah 21:9 – Isa 2:18 – And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
26. Isaiah 21:10 – Isa 27:12 – And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.
28:27,28 – vs 27 – For the fitches are not threshed with a threshing instrument, neither is a cart wheel turned about upon the cummin; but the fitches are beaten out with a staff, and the cummin with a rod. vs28 – Bread corn is bruised; because he will not ever be threshing it, nor break it with the wheel of his cart, nor bruise it with his horsemen.
41:15 – Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff.
Jer 51:33 – For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; The daughter of Babylon is like a threshingfloor, it is time to thresh her: yet a little while, and the time of her harvest shall come.
Mic 4:13 – Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion: for I will make thine horn iron, and I will make thy hoofs brass: and thou shalt beat in pieces many people: and I will consecrate their gain unto the LORD, and their substance unto the Lord of the whole earth.
Hab 3:12 – Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.
Mt 3:12 – Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
27. Isaiah 21:11 – Ge 25:14 – And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa,
Isa 34:11 – But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.
28. Isaiah 21:11 – Ge 32:3 – And Jacob sent messengers before him to Esau his brother unto the land of Seir, the country of Edom.
29. Isaiah 21:13 – Isa 13:1 – The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.
30. Isaiah 21:13 – 2Ch 9:14 – Beside that which chapmen and merchants brought. And all the kings of Arabia and governors of the country brought gold and silver to Solomon.
31. Isaiah 21:13 – Ge 10:7 – And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.
25:3 – And Jokshan begat Sheba, and Dedan. And the sons of Dedan were Asshurim, and Letushim, and Leummim.
32. Isaiah 21:14 – Ge 25:15 – Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah:
33. Isaiah 21:15 – Isa 13:14 – And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.
34. Isaiah 21:15 – Isa 31:8 – Then shall the Assyrian fall with the sword, not of a mighty man; and the sword, not of a mean man, shall devour him: but he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall be discomfited.
35. Isaiah 21:16 – Lev 25:50 – And he shall reckon with him that bought him from the year that he was sold to him unto the year of jubile: and the price of his sale shall be according unto the number of years, according to the time of an hired servant shall it be with him.
Isa 16:14 – But now the LORD hath spoken, saying, Within three years, as the years of an hireling, and the glory of Moab shall be contemned, with all that great multitude; and the remnant shall be very small and feeble.
36. Isaiah 21:16 – Isa 17:3 – The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.
37. Isaiah 21:16 – Ge 25:13 – And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebajoth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
Ps 120:5 – Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, that I dwell in the tents of Kedar!
Isa 60:7 – All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.
38. Isaiah 21:17 – Dt 4:27 – And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you.
Isa 10:19 – And the rest of the trees of his forest shall be few, that a child may write them.
39. Isaiah 21:17 – Isa 1:20 – But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
16:14 – But now the LORD hath spoken, saying, Within three years, as the years of an hireling, and the glory of Moab shall be contemned, with all that great multitude; and the remnant shall be very small and feeble.